Saturday, April 2, 2011

Superb Saturday

Do you ever just have one of those days where:

 you wake up on the "right" side of the bed, having slept in(which "never" happens for me)


4 steps to wake up great





the sun is shining bright



your morning coffee taste excellent(which usually does anyway but sunshine makes it more enjoyable)



your plans for the day are not hurried or rushed...just carried out in a nonchalant manner(and they still get done)
this photo really isn't what my plans were today(but boy it sure is fun to pretend)

Well, I had one of those days today...

After waking up(as mentioned above) I went to tan.  After relaxing for 12 mins in fake sun, I visited just a bit with my oldest son, Daniel(and cut his hair)...then my daughter and I played Beauty Shop and hi-lighted our hair...

Aren't we cute?
and I got her to read one of my old preteen books
13 Is Too Young To Die
 I then had to play "dress up

For a contest I'm trying to Win




                                         Rock Of Ages Theater Tickets

Well, here is what I came up with...

I hope it's not too cheesy...or over the top...I'm a rocker by nature so I thought I'd throw in my son's guitar for prop appeal...I really will not be upset one bit if I am not picked for free tickets to the show because I had a blast strumming around on the guitar to 80's music~~pretending to be a Rock Star!

As the day went on, I thought I had better make a trip to the store(I guess "that" part of my day really isn't much to blog about~hate going)...I still made it an enjoyable trip down and back by blarring 105.7 radio station (since it's an all 80's weekend)...all I kept hearing from the passenger seat was "Mom, stop doing that! I'm SO embarrassed!"(as she laughs)
HEY...A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do to live her youth again!


Since my daughter wanted a desert for tonight I let her pick one out and I watched(helped just a bit)her make this yummy desert below...

...I decided to preheat the oven and when ready pop in some pigs in a blanket for finger snackin while some are watching the NCAA tournament games...notice I said some...doesn't interest me at all...

think I'll just read a book instead...
by Mr. Torgerson

 SO....


All in all, it was a good day and now I'm pooped...GoodNight

and...

May You All Be Blessed and Have a Wonderful "What's Left" of the weekend...

Carolyn

2 comments:

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

That sounds like a great day. And I love your rocker outfit! It reminds me of a time years ago when I dressed up as a rocker on Halloween... only my costume wasn't nearly as cool as yours. And my guitar was one of those inflatable deals. :)

Deb@lil this~lil that said...

This is great Carolyn...love love love the rocker outfit...I just love the pics girl!